Stateside: COVID-19 and your neighborhood bar; celebrating Ramadan in lockdown
Today on Stateside, we check in with local businesses on how they’re dealing with the COVID-19 shutdown. Also, a look at how Muslims in Michigan are celebrating Ramadan during a markedly not-festive time.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
From your neighborhood bar to your landscaper, what the COVID-19 shutdown means for small businesses
- Brian Brickley is the owner of The Taproom in Ypsilanti.
- Traven Pelletier is the owner of Lotus Gardenscapes in Dexter.
- Mark Thiesmeyer Hook is a personal trainer and the owner of Better Living Fitness in Ann Arbor.
Ramadan marks another holiday celebrated in solitude amid COVID-19
- Hassan Jaber is the president and CEO of Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS).
- Razi Jafri is a documentary filmmaker and a member of the Halal Metropolis project.