Stateside: Doctor’s COVID-19 recovery; grief in a pandemic; toll of coronavirus on black businesses
Today on Stateside, we introduce you to a doctor with a very personal story about COVID-19. Plus, funeral director Thomas Lynch talks about what grieving means when you can’t come together.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
- Eugene Vovchuk is an anesthesiologist at Detroit Medical Center’s Harper University Hospital.
- This segment originally aired on May 6, 2020.
Grief without funerals: COVID-19 is changing how we say goodbye
- Thomas Lynch is a poet, funeral director, and president at Lynch & Sons Funeral Directors.
- This segment originally aired on April 17, 2020.
Small business owners of color face unique challenges during COVID-19 crisis
- Jermale Eddie is the owner of Malamiah Juice Bar and Eatery in Grand Rapids.
- This segment originally aired on April 24, 2020.
- Desiree Cooper is a former attorney and Pulitzer Prize-nominated journalist.
- This segment originally aired on April 15, 2020.