Stateside: COVID-19 restrictions eased; Detroit native wins Pulitzer; environmental impact of floods
Today on Stateside, Governor Gretchen Whitmer announces loosened restrictions on some Michigan businesses and small gatherings just in time for the holiday weekend. Plus, we'll hear about the environmental threats posed by massive flooding in Midland County this week.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
Gov. Whitmer implores caution as COVID-19 restrictions ease and small gatherings are allowed
- Rick Pluta is Michigan Radio's Capitol bureau chief.
Detroit gains ground on supply of testing kits
- Sarah Cwiek is a reporter for Michigan Radio.
- Michael R. Jackson is a playwright and Detroit native.
- Austin-based nurses Leo and Rocio Nunez traveled to Detroit and spent two weeks working at a local hospital with a surge of COVID-19 patients.
- Tracy Samilton is a reporter for Michigan Radio.
What regulators don’t know about chemicals washing through Midland
- Reporter Lester Graham covers the environment for Michigan Radio.