Stateside: Budget standoff in Lansing; bipartisan podcast; pandemic wedding woes
Today, on Stateside, federal money is still trapped in a deadlock over Michigan’s budget. Plus, there’s an unconventional ring to wedding bells this past year. Stateside talked to two folks planning nuptials in an ever-changing pandemic.
Listen to the full show above or find individual segments below.
COVID relief funds, budget standoff, Elliot Larsen expansion; an update from Lansing politics
- Rick Pluta is the Senior Capitol Correspondent for the Michigan Public Radio Network.
Cooling down red hot political discourse in a new Michigan-centric bipartisan podcast
- Mark Brewer and Jeff Timmer have created a new podcast and webshow called “A Republic... If You Can Keep It”. Brewer is the former state Democratic Party Chair, and Timmer is the former state Republican director.
Pandemic wedding woes and silver linings
- Norris Howard is a journalist working in Detroit.
- Olive Scott is a production assistant on Stateside.
- Tammy Coxen is co-author of the cocktail book Cheers to Michigan.