Stateside: Rise in eating disorders; campaign spending surprises; FBI informants and kidnapping plot
Today on Stateside, what parents should know about the uptick in eating disorders during the pandemic. And, the latest campaign finance disclosure reveals a state representative’s eyebrow-raising expenses. Plus, a critical look at the FBI’s use of confidential informants while investigating the plot to kidnap Governor Gretchen Whitmer.
- Kate Wells is a reporter at Michigan Radio.
Big fundraising haul for Whitmer, Dearborn mayoral candidates in July finance filings
- Craig Mauger is a reporter with the Detroit News.
- Simon Schuster is director of the Michigan Campaign Finance Network.
Buzzfeed investigation shines critical light on use of FBI informants in Whitmer kidnapping case
- Jessica Garrison is a senior investigative editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in San Francisco.
- Ken Bensinger is an investigative reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles .
- Read Garrison and Bensinger's in-depth look at the way the FBI used informants in building its case against the men charged in the plot to kidnap Governor Whitmer here.