Michigan's fall colors are in full glory right now.
And more and more people are discovering a new way to view all of that autumn glory: by being right up there at the top of the trees on a zipline!
Detroit Free Press travel writer Ellen Creager looked into the booming business of ziplines and adventure parks in Michigan.
Creager says there are a number of Halloween-themed zip adventures that feature glowing courses at night. She also suggests these zip tours:
- Glacier Valley Eco Zip Tour at the Howell Nature Center: Open until the end of November
- The Adventure Park at West Bloomfield: Featuring hundreds of platforms and a haunted forest
- Mt. Holiday Zip Line Adventures: Open all winter
- Boyne Falls and Boyne Highlands Zip Line Adventure: Open all winter
- Wildwood Rush Zip Line in Boyne City: Featuring adventuresome, hard-core zip lines
* Listen to our conversation with Ellen Creager