Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Ford problems easy fix
Thu October 27, 2011
Ford quality issues easy to fix, says CEO Mulally
The CEO of Ford Motor Company says the company is well on the way to fixing quality problems in new Ford cars.
The problems resulted in a big drop in the rankings for Ford in Consumer Reports' 2011 reliability survey.
Customers are having problems with the company’s My Ford in-car communication system.
Users found the touch screens hard to activate or they had to be rebooted frequently.
Consumer Reports' David Champion said that’s a safety issue, if people are so distracted by the problems that they take their eyes off the road.
The new transmission in the Focus and Fusion has glitches, too.
CEO Alan Mulally said both problems are software related.
"So it’s relatively easy and fast, to be able to make those improvements," Mulally told Michigan Radio. "So we’ve already started to incorporate that in the products that are in the field but also in the new products coming out."
Mulally said Ford began working on the issue a year ago, right after customers started complaining.
Ford fell from 10th to 20th place this year in the Consumer Reports reliability survey.