Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Sun June 10, 2012
Michigan bills would extend biological dads' rights
The Michigan Legislature has approved bills that would give biological fathers some rights to their children, even if the mothers were married to other men at the time of birth.
Michigan law now presumes that a woman's husband is the father of her children, making him responsible for their support and denying parental rights to the biological father.
Lawmakers last week passed measures extending rights to biological fathers. The proposal awaits Governor Snyder's signature.
Cancer and Environment