Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue March 5, 2013
More people using Bridge Cards at farmers markets
So, we're still here in it.
Stuck in the middle of winter and its hard to think about putting on flip-flops, sunglasses, and heading out for fresh, summer veggies from the farmers market.
But, it seems more and more people are going to farmers markets throughout the year, and paying for their purchases with Bridge cards.
Numbers are out from last year and they show the use of Bridge Cards at farmers markets around the state went up by 42 % in 2012.
Amanda Shreve joined us today. She's the Food Assistance Partnership Coordinator with the Michigan Farmers Market Association.