Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed November 3, 2010
Obama makes calls to republican leadership
The political landscape has changed for President Obama. As returns came in and races were called for republicans across the country, Obama made calls to the man who is likely to replace Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, John Boehner.
He also made a call to the current republican leader in the Senate, Mitch McConnell. As of this post, it looks as though Democrats will retain control of the Senate.
The White House statement said:
In his calls with Rep. Boehner and Sen. McConnell, the President said he was “looking forward to working with him and the Republicans to find common ground, move the country forward and get things done for the American people.”