Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Tue November 2, 2010
Republicans upbeat in the 9th district
The race for Oakland County's 9th Congressional district is one of the most closely-watched in the region, if not the nation. Freshman Gary Peters is trying to fend off Republican Andrew "Rocky" Raczkowski and hang on to this historically-Republican district for the Democrats.
The race is too close to call, and everyone expects it to go late into the night.
At Raczkowski headquarters in the Troy Marriott, the candidate came in to a standing ovation and a "Rocky! Rocky!" chant. The room is abuzz with news of Republican wins in Michigan and across the country--and early results that show Raczkowski topping Peters' in Peters home precinct.
Raczkowski, who has campaigned with Tea Party backing, thinks he'll pull out a win. But he says he'll be at peace with whatever happens.
“We’ve worked really hard, and we believe in something. We believe in freedom and not the direction our nation is headed in right now. So these people are energized and I’m energized as well. So we’ll wait…we’ll wait.”
Update from Camp Peters coming soon.