Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed December 7, 2011
Senate to vote on major changes to workers' comp rules
The state Senate is expected to vote this evening on major changes to Michigan’s workers’ compensation laws. The proposal would reduce payments to an injured worker by the amount an insurance company believes the worker could make at another job.
“Just what that will do to the working people of this state, I shudder to think, because it will cause untold misery on thousands of people’s lives," says Rick Warsh, an attorney who handles workers' compensation cases.
Those who support the measure say it would help prevent fraudulent claims, and would stabilize the workers’ compensation system for businesses.