Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Thu October 21, 2010
Trains in Michigan: public forum tonight
A public forum on the future of trains in Michigan will be held tonight in Monroe.
John Langdon with the Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers says college students and senior citizens like trains. He says he hopes everybody else will see that increasing rail service is good for the economy, the environment and their own pocketbook.
"Part of what we need to do, too, is turn some of these auto plants that have been shut down into manufacturing of rail, because that is the future."
He says Michigan needs a combination of high speed, regular rail and freight service to help cut dependence on foreign oil.
Tonight's forum is from 6 to 8pm at the Monroe County Fairgrounds.