Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Fri April 13, 2012
Two police unions approve new contracts with Flint
Flint emergency manager Michael Brown says two police unions have tentatively approved new contracts with the city.
More from Kristin Longley at the Flint Journal:
The members of the Flint sergeants union and the lieutenants and captains union voted on the proposed contracts Thursday, he said.
Brown said it was a significant accomplishment that the parties were able to reach a consensus. The city's four public safety unions have been operating under expired contracts for more than two years.
Details have yet to be released. Brown said he expects to sign the contracts soon to make them official.