Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon July 18, 2011
U.S. Coast Guard searching for missing sailors in Lake Michigan
A boat capsized last night during the Chicago-to-Mackinac Island sailboat race last night.
This from Peter Payette, news director at Interlochen Public Radio:
The U.S. Coast Guard is still searching for two sailors in northern Lake Michigan. Their boat, Wing Nuts, capsized around midnight last night. Six other crew members from the ship were picked up by another boat. Both were sailing in the Chicago to Mackinac yacht race. The Coast Guard helicopter from Traverse City and two coast guard boats are searching the waters around the Fox Islands. The Coast Guardsays air and water temperatures are in the low 70s and waves are 4-6 feet high.