Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Wed November 10, 2010
Will we finally be able to have a Bloody Mary at Sunday brunch?
UPDATE 1:38 PM: The Associated Press is reporting that the state Senate passed the bill 25-13. The bill now goes to the House.
I just got a heads-up from our Lansing-based reporter Laura Weber. She says a deal has been reached between the state House and Senate that would allow for liquor sales in Michigan on Sunday mornings and Christmas Day.
A previous bill that would have allowed for the sales was vetoed by Governor Granholm last month. Now, it appears lawmakers have reworked the bill for the governor's approval.
The Senate is expected to vote on the measure this afternoon.