Stateside for Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Today on Stateside:
- Schoolteachers are deciding this month whether or not to opt out of their unions.
- The Smithsonian Institution, the world's largest museum and research complex, is adding a U of M forest to its network.
- Michigan boasts a fine array of museums, with something for everybody: The Henry Ford in Dearborn, the Gerald R. Ford Museum in Grand Rapids, the Great Lakes Children's Museum in Traverse City, and the Pickle Barrel House Museum in Grand Marais.
- Music lovers will be focused this weekend on downtown Detroit for the largest free jazz festival in the world.
- We talked with Katherine Freese about her new book, "The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter."
*Listen to the full show above.